05 November 2008

I Dont Vote

Today, well, yesterday depending on what hour you read this. I, for one, am still at work where I have been since 3pm yesterday. Yes, that is an absurd 18 hour shift that I volunteered (sort of) to work. But I do digress because work is not the issue here.

See, the US voted on a new president this election day, November 4, 2008 and Obama won. I'm making sure to write about this exact moment because it may become an important piece of history. Personally, I believe it will become important because this election only proved what I believe - or will prove that is. This president has made so many promises beginning with bringing all of the troops home from Iraq. He simply can't do it. America seems to have their head in the stars believing that things are going to change by voting this man into office. He's just a man. He wants what is best for the nation, but who doesn't?

So, no I didn't vote. McCain was the opposition and he just didnt seem to be putting up much of a fight. Obama was a shoe in and I believe it has to do with his race. People want change so badly that they think if the president looks different, America will look different. It's like eating ice cream and being introduced to a new flavor. Well, yeah you're gonna try it if it looks appealing. Of course it has to be something that resembles the type of icecream you like and not something completely weird like Pistacio. Obama isnt Pistacio. He's like butter pecan or cookies and cream. It's like your favorite but different. This metaphor is really strange now that rethink it all. Anyways.

No comments:

 
Terror Alert Level
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)